2006 LA Auto Show: Greater Los Angeles Auto ShowPREVIEW
The 2006 Los Angeles Motor Show runs from January 6th to January 15th, and though the Detroit Show is bigger, the LA Show is first, so often steals some of the year's new car debuts. This year the show features a design challenge entitled 'An LA Adventure', and there will be entries from many of the major car manufacturers. The official show website is www.laautoshow.com.
Expect the following cars at the show:
- Audi Nero concept car.
- BMW Z4 M Roadster.
- Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Daytona Pace Car.
- Chevrolet Cheyenne concept pick-up.
- 2007 Chevrolet Suburban SUV.
- 2007 GMC Yukon XL SUV.
- GMC PAD concept.
- The Honda HPH (Human Powered Hybrid) is one of the many ideas floated in Honda's L.A. Rolling Film Festival that also includes a sportscar that doubles as a hot tub.
- Hyundai Gator concept - inspired by early dragsters.
- Kia Sidewinder concept - never thought you'd see a Kia you would want to drift in, did you?
- Maybach California Gourmet Tourer concept.
- Mazda CX-7 crossover.
- Mercedes-Benz Mojave Runner concept.
- Mitsubishi Eclipse Ralliart.
- Mitsubishi Roadster Konzept.
- Pontiac Solstice GXP sportscar.
- Saab 9-3 20 Years Edition Aero Convertible.
- Scion Exile concept.
- Smart Rescue Vehicle concept.
- Spyker C12 LaTurbie (powered by Audi 6-litre W12 engine).
2006 Hyundai Greenspeed Gator concept (image gallery)
Hyundai's Greenspeed Gator concept car was one of the contenders in the 2006 LA Show design challenge. The low-slung sportscar was inspired by the first drag racing cars.
2006 Kia Sidewinder concept (image gallery)
The Kia Sidewinder concept was one of the contenders in the 2006 LA Show design challenge. As you can see from some of the video game like photographs, the Sidewinder was designed to be a drift car. Not your typical Kia...
2006 Maybach California Gourmet Tourer concept (image gallery)
Something tells me that we will never see anything like the Maybach California Gourmet Tourer concept on the road at any time in the future. Thank the Lord for small mercys...
2006 Mitsubishi Roadster Konzept (image gallery)
The Roadster Konzept looks pretty similar to the Concept-CT Mitsubishi will show at the Detroit Show, perhaps hinting at a new design direction for the Japanese marque.
2005 Mitsubishi Eclipse Ralliart concept (image gallery)
The Eclipse Ralliart made its debut at the 2005 SEMA show, but will be displayed in Los Angeles again, hopefully bringing the sports coupe a step closer to production. Not that we will be getting it in Europe.
2006 Smart Rescue Vehicle concept (image gallery)
The fashion-conscious LA area should suit the Smart brand. At this year's show, Smart will display the Rescue Vehicle concept as part of the design challenge.
2006 Volkswagen GX3 concept (image gallery)
We're used to weird concepts at the motorshows, and VW's three-wheeled car/bike is right up there on the weirdness scale, but even wackier is the fact that VW is considering making it...